From time to time, I round up some things that have caught my eye:
- When God closes a Kanye, he opens a Childish Gambino
- A 19-year-old Ukrainian boy in America is adopted by a couple with no kids, changes his age, enrols in the local high school and then has a day named after him by the mayor. Then things get dark.
- Chitra Ramaswamy: We can hold Junot Díaz to account – while still empathising with him
- The Guardian ends contract with critic Lyn Gardner after 23 years
- Malaysia reborn? Does GE14 spell an end to racial politics?
- Why Singapore was chosen as the host of the Trump-Kim Jung Un summit: “…don’t think of this meeting between Pyongyang and Washington as just a political meeting. Think of it as a business negotiation, led by two of the biggest deal-makers on the global political scene right now – with Singapore playing the role of arbitrator, and a glamorous host.”
- “They are like teletubbies on the moon”: Astronauts tripping and falling over on the moon