If you type in “blanClass” into Google Maps, it takes you to this seemingly nondescript location. It is in a residential neighbourhood in Yokohama off a main road lined with a McDonald’s, a Daiso and a car dealership. With the Japanese winter still persistent, I arrived at Idogaya station on a wet gloomy 15th of February. I made my way towards blanClass to attend Heights Takayama, part of TPAM Fringe.
- The Tinder Swindler: a great investigative journalism piece *italian chef hand kiss*
- A heartbreaking piece by New Naratif on Indonesian kids living with HIV/AIDS: they’re kicked out of school, and to be taken far away from local settlements
- 70 and Female is the New Cool
- With SG Budget 2019, why no talk about taxes?
- A fucking depressing statistic: Singapore ranked worst place for women to work among top ‘gender-equal’ nations, with about 20% less pay and savings than men
- Sexism kills: gender bias in data endangers women’s lives
A darkened room
A large crackling paper
A silent boom that
I landed in Tokyo at about 950am on a chilly Tuesday morning, 12th February. After a short journey to Yokohama and registering for TPAM, I took a brief stop at The Retreat workshop at Kanagawa Arts Theatre (KAAT) around 1pm.